mercredi 26 septembre 2012

25.09 art and design without design









I didn't write anything on Monday because it was a strange day and I had almost nothing to show. I was shopping! Okay, I also saw nice places like Williamsburg, the hipster place in Brooklyn. But yet I know it's better to pay 12 dollars for a museum, because during that time, you can't spend more money...
So yesterday I've been to the MAD – Museum for Art and Design. The visit began on the 6th level in the artist residence: each day, an artist of NYC works there and explains his work to visitors. Quite nice. Yesterday, Trong Gia Nguyen was there with his cake paintings and shoe project...
www.cameandwent.com/tgn.html

In the lower levels, you can see the Duke Doris collection for islamic art and a special exhibition about Native American and their work.
May I present you

KENT MONKMAN
JORDAN A. BENNETT
and MARIE WATT?






And because you deserve it: two pictures of Manhattan taken from Brooklyn yesterday.
It the staircase, a collection of glass. Yes of course, it was a museum for Design also.
You can imagine how disappointed I was to find, just at the end, the jewelry gallery closed! It was the reason for me to come. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire