mercredi 19 septembre 2012

18.09 Liberty!








Turning around the Liberty Island...
I won't explain a lot about the statue because I had myself the impression to do something again. I never was there before but I saw it so often...
I found the trip on boat really nice, the wind made me realize, I'd forgotten the sea is so close to the city. On the island of Liberty we received a audio guide, what disappointed me because it was just a few new informations. In the Museum of Ellis Island, I found it much better. You always have to hear such fictionalized commentaries as "Imagine you're a tired and hungry immigrant and you travel on this ship. What would you think?"
But it becomes always more interesting. I liked the small objects, in particular the mind tests created by the doctor Knox in the early 20th century. He had to find out if some travelers, who it was impossible to speak with because of the language, were "normally intelligent" or not. So he created puzzles and forms that we recognize today in kids games: a star, a circle, a square to fit in the right gap; flowers to assemble in pairs...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire