mardi 18 septembre 2012

17.09 Soho and Co










Every morning I wake up and think I've forgotten to tell something great I did yesterday. For example the Mexican celebration of Gennario. But that's a pity not to have pictures. 
That makes me think it's an illusion to make a visiting blog when you're not a photographer because you only take a picture when you are aware of seeing something you must share. But when you are living a new experience that surprises you, do you always wait before and make your camera ready? I don't. So you won't see the most interesting thing I saw yesterday. That wasn't in the West Village nor in Soho, but in a big art supplies shop. I was curious what I could find new and actually I bought rubber plates to make stamples. But the lift was out of office so we had to take the stairs to visit the five stages. It was so dark, comfortable and so dirty, I couldn't believe it was the shop I saw on the publicity. Like I was on the other side of the show. That's something I could notice on different levels: the metro and some streets for example are sticky and dirty and don't fit with the beautiful image of the sophisticated city – I was surprised because people often say Paris is an uncomfortable city. Is that a necessary contrast?

A surprise on the road to the subway.  

The lego shop near to the Rockefeller. 

A nice bakery in Soho!


Trader Joe's is a supermarket chain in a funny illustration/comic style. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire